AHECS is the voice of higher education careers and employability professionals across Ireland. Representing over 25 universities, Institutes of Technology and HE providers, we provide training, CPD, partnerships, conferences, events and working groups for careers professionals and support staff – enabling members to share best practice, tools and resources.
Together, our members and partners are helping over 300,000 students to get ahead.
AHECS exists to support, celebrate and equip careers professionals across Ireland. As a professional
membership organisation, our brand attributes are: Expert, Collaborative and Leading.
- Expert because we represent the combined knowledge of hundreds of careers professionals and over 300,000 students.
- Collaborative, because we believe that knowledge, resources and experience should be freely shared
- Leading, because we need to be recognised as the leading voice in the higher education
careers and employability sector in Ireland – championing our members at a national level
and serving them as loyal advocates.
AHECS is a truly representative organisation, giving equal weight to all of its members. We work hard not to be too ‘Dublin-centric’ and whether members are universities representing tens of thousands of students or Institutes of Technology with a handful of careers professionals, AHECS unites our diverse community and helps our sector to speak with one voice.
Benefits of membership:
- Access best practice insights, resources and tools from colleagues at other institutions. (should we link here to the members directory)
- Keep up to date with developments in other institutions and the sector generally to enhance your work with students.
- Become part of a like-minded network. Make new connections and share your own experience and resources with colleagues in other institutions.
- Access CPD opportunities and enhance your career.
We are an organisation run by members, for members and we would love for you to get involved!
- Engage with AHECS and volunteer your time and experience.
- Join a working group and allocate half a day a month to contribute to the community.
- Attend our Biennial and regional events and take an interest in what we’re up to.
- Come to a training event.
- We can work around your commitments and encourage your Service to allocate time for you to participate.
TOGETHER We’re sharing best practice
TOGETHER We help over 300,000 students to get ahead
TOGETHER We offer 900 hours of training
TOGETHER We’re reporting on market trends
TOGETHER For HE Students in Ireland
TOGETHER For Ireland’s Careers Professionals