AHECS – Strategic Plan for Executive 2017
Mission & Objectives:
Information and Resource Development
We will support the development and sharing of information resources and tools amongst members. To achieve this we will
- Conduct and cost a feasibility study to upgrade careers report (25th June meeting)
- Support the development and sharing of a series of “career pathways into…” a specified range of career options ID potential info office to project manage.
- Work in partnership with other interested bodies and agencies with a view to developing a labour market portal and/or resource.
- Expand recent employability resource via training and development.
- Liaise with Gradireland re Targetconnect Roadshow
Develop Resource: International Students / International Mobility - “Internships & International Mobility for Postgraduate Research Students”
Develop Resource: International Students / International Mobility - “Careers Provision for Doctoral Students- a survey of National and International Institutions”
SMEs - Resource Pack (online) for students. Guide for HEIs engaging with SMEs / Start-ups and how to support entrepreneurial students. Guide for SMEs on engaging with HEIs.
Replacement for Careers Report
Sharing of a series of resources; "Career pathways into…” info provided by NUIM Information Officer.
Embedding employability - Pilot in HEIs (next stage of employability project)
Erasmus Employability: Develop Module / Launch
To provide opportunities for members to up skill to ensure highest standards of delivery.
Develop a CPD Strategic Plan for the next 18 months which includes guidance practice, employer information, a new policy in relation to bursaries going to individuals for training and development, and work placement practice
Circulate Training Needs Analysis Survey to member service staff and collate data towards developing strategic plan
Develop/Circulate Benchmark survey to HOS
Develop Calendar of AHECS Events
CPD Strategic Plan - CPD group to liaise with Work Placement group with regards to providing information and training on work placement practice
CPD Strategic Plan - CPD group to liaise with Labour Market group with regards to employer information on new recruitment methodologies
Update the bursary process for AHECS & circulate bursary application forms to member service staff
SMEs - Training Event
'Impact of Work Placement on Employability' Event
Product Development & Engagement with Gradireland
- Co-ordinate and run the annual AHECS Awards ceremony in conjunction with our partners in Gradireland
Partnership with GTI
- Survey AHECS member services about what products they want. Product Development - what/who is current membership are members of new members required. Group to tie into the Information & Resource Development objective.
Internal & External Communications
- Re-develop the AHECS website.
- Advocacy through networking - Through our activities we will create and take opportunities to develop awareness of AHECS amongst policy and decision makers, and professional representative bodies
- Communication - Keep members informed about the activities of Executive by updating the AHECS website regularly and communicating progress to Heads of Service
- Communication - Develop a Social Media strategy
- Membership Policy - Review the policy in respect of admitting new members to AHECS